Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Jena 6

So a friend of mine yesterday is asking me if I knew anything about the Jena 6. I said "hell, yes." Not that there has been a lot of news coverage about it until recently, but the Field Negro has been blogging about it for some time now, so has the Angry Black Bitch and Pam's House Blend. NPR and MSNBC have had some coverage, too. It's not exactly a hidden story, even if the New York Times apparently didn't pick it up until the 15th. If this is the first time you have heard about this, clearly you have not been paying attention.

She tells me that the folks in her office were discussing it the other day. She said something along the lines of "as the only Southerner in the room, I'm really embarrassed that stupid shit like this can still happen."

And this isn't the only example of such stupid shit. Two weeks ago, a noose was found hanging from a tree outside of the Nyumburu Cultural Center at the University of Maryland at College Park.

Let's be clear about this: Hanging a noose up for Black folk to see is as offensive and disgusting an act as is spray-painting a swastika on a synagogue.

No rationalizations on this one. I don't see why Blacks are expected to sit back and take shit like this. If some guy was painting a swastika on the local synagogue and he got shot for his trouble, I'd be pretty damn happy about it and I can't see why Blacks are supposed to feel any different.

5 comments:

david hayes said...

I thought you might have been a little over-the-top, but then I realized you put it exactly where it needed to be. Well said.

Justin Buist said...

If some guy was painting a swastika on the local synagogue and he got shot for his trouble, I'd be pretty damn happy about it

Uhm, no. That would be wrong. Folks should not be shot for vandalism, no matter how offensive it is.

Comrade Misfit said...

Folks should not be shot for vandalism, no matter how offensive it is.

Wrong, schmong. I said I'd be happy about it, which is not about what is right or what is wrong. It is about how I'd feel.

That's it

Anonymous said...

Then my comment about how you "feel" is....you are "twisted."
Statistics say over 85% of people act on irrational thoughts because of their belief/feelings...So I hope your "feelings" are in check.

Comrade Misfit said...

Then my comment about how you "feel" is....you are "twisted."

You do not get to pass judgment on the validity of how I feel. I refer you to the Rules of the House.