Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bersa- Any Comments?

Does anyone have any first-hand experience with the Bersa ultracompacts?

I like the DA/SA feature and that the thing retails for half (or less) than an equivalent Sig or a commander-sized 1911. When I carry (albiet rarely), my carry gun is a .357 Taurus knock-off of a Chief's Special, loaded with .38 +P hollow-point semi-wadcutters (the FBI used this load before they went to automatics). There's nothing wrong with that, but I kind of like the idea of a handgun round that begins with a "4".

The price of the Kimbers, et al, is too much for me, but I can swing a Bersa.

2 comments:

Terry morlan said...

I own 2 Bersas and they are hammers, their heavy and solid and you know you have a weapon in your hand and as much as I have read your blog for some time I know you don't want no wussie shit. The compact.9mm I have is nice, the mags arn't cheap and Bersa don't allow for no after market stuff to inserted in their weapons as of yet. Holsters there's only a few of those and I have a Houston RP1 wich works for both my.40 and .9. I enjoy the extra beef and the price is good for me. The rest of the gun manufacturers should take notice that their shit does stink.

Comrade Misfit said...

Terry, thanks for the input. The .45 seems to be in the same weight class as the Kimber-type compacts.