Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Some Pretty Fantastic Camera

The Kennedy Space Center tracked the ISS passing by.



That is a ground-based camera looking at something that is 200 miles overhead.

(H/T)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every time I see something like that I feel like vomiting all over shrub Bush and the rest of the war mongering sons of bitches who took us into Iraq because of weapons of mass destruction. Lying bastards.

Nangleator said...

*Error! Does not compute!*

I had a 6" reflector when I was 19, and caught a few satellites in the view, by accident. I had some luck in hand tracking them, but that was at pitiful magnifications. I can't imagine doing it with enough magnification to resolve the major components of the ISS.

I also just recently downloaded the old Orbiter freeware program to polish up on my virtual rocket-jock skillz. I docked with the ISS last night, in fact.

Wicked cool!

Comrade Misfit said...

Gug, ????????

Cujo359 said...

Thanks for posting this. You can see the solar panels pretty well starting at the 20 second point of the video.

I have similar thoughts to JGug1's. Of course, it's possible they would have wasted that money on something almost equally useless, like the "war on drugs" or another aircraft carrier, but I can't help thinking where we'd be if we'd spent more on NASA and less on DoD.