Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Grumble

I have not found the setting in Winders 7 where I can stop the frigging mouse from actuating things just because the pointer is touching a button or link.

Any thoughts?

10 comments:

Don Brown said...

"Any thoughts?"

None that won't get me hurt.

Don Brown

One Fly said...

You have gone and looked at da mouse in the control panel?

Comrade Misfit said...

One Fly, Indeed I have. I see nothing I can change that would stop this.

One Fly said...

There's a bunch here and found this buried when I clicked on one of the top three. Good luck-I hate it when crap like this happens.

I found that as I was typing on my laptop my cursor would jump around or the program of the icon under the mouse arrow would engage without my hitting the left touch-pad button.

After closer examination, I noticed during these cursor jumps while I typed the cursor was sent jumping to the location in my desktop window where the mouse arrow was located.

Apparently this is the result of a corrupted driver or a virus designed to annoy.

I'm running XP

Solution:

Right Click on "My Computer" on your desktop
At the top of the window that appears left click on the "Hardware" tab.
Left click on the "Device Manager" button
Look down the tree of Device items and left click on the plus sign (+) to the left of "Mice and other pointing devices"
At this point you, under the "Mice and other pointing devices" heading, you should see one listed item (driver) if you're using just your touch-pad or one mouse.

Right click on that driver name, in my case it's "Snaptics PS/2...".
From the menu that appears when you right click on the mouse driver, choose "Update driver" by left clcking on it.

Follow the update instructions.

That's it. After you've updated your driver, reboot.

Comrade Misfit said...

Driver's up to date. Folder options don't fix it.

I guess I have to live with it, which just means I get to damn everyone in Redmond to Hell on a daily basis.

Cujo359 said...

This sounds like some sort of "accessibility" feature, IOW, something meant for people with limited ability to use a mouse. If there's anything remotely like that in the control panel, you might want to check there.

I haven't used Windows in years, so I can't be more specific, but Windows used to have something like that, and probably still does.

deadstick said...

Is this happening on a laptop? I had something similar with a new HP. Turns out the Synaptic touchpad has a function that lets you left-click just by tapping the pad, and it's too sensitive: if your finger comes off the pad too suddenly, it thinks it's been tapped.

At the bottom right of the screen you should have an icon for the touchpad. Open that and if you see a checkbox for "Tap to click", uncheck it.

Comrade Misfit said...

Deadstick, that was it! The icon was hidden and even if I had seen it, I had no idea what that reddish thing was.

It's an HP laptop and you rock!

One Fly said...

life is sweet again-now go buy yourself a xmas present.

Comrade Misfit said...

One Fly, `fraid not.