Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fuck Comcast

I've blogged before about the fact that those jerkholes at ComBastards now require that everyone have cable boxes for expanded basic cable. That means, of course, that you can no longer watch one show while taping another. Worse, you cannot set up a VCR/DVR to record shows that are on at different times at different channels. You have to manually switch the box to the second channel.

What I once did was that if I wanted to tape a show at 10pm and then catch the Daily Show and the Colbert Report at 11, I'd set the VCR to catch a rebroadcast from Comedy Central at 1AM. I'd do that because the shows these days have an annoying tendency to go a little long. But, like I said, the asswipes at ComBestialitists have made that impossible (unless I want to festoon my living room with cable boxes).

I mention all of that, again, because on Wednesday, I taped Justified and I missed this:

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Sean Carroll
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorHealth Care reform


Fucking Comcast.

4 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

I apologize for the trouble. We are moving the analog channels to digital so that we can add more channels in the future.

I know that this process interferes with your recording arrangement, but I wanted to let you know that we have a DVR converter that you can use from us. I have a DVR and I really like using it. I stopped recording on my VCR because our DVR is a lot easier. You can also view and record other shows at the same time with our dual tuner DVR.

I believe we have a promotion that will allow you to try our DVR at no charge for a few months. If you are interested, I will be happy to check for you.

You may also send the phone number on your account so that we can determine the area where you are receiving our service.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, so comcast surfs blogs to sell DVR rental now?
Hey, comcastcares1---I have one of your DVR boxes. I STILL hate you. I can't select what channels to buy and have to pay for a load of crap to get the 13 or so channels I WANT, but cannot get some I want without paying for MORE that I don't want. Changing your name of business? How 'bout calling yourselves what you are: CRAP-tastic?

Comrade Misfit said...

CC1, so because Comcast has made it harder for me to record stuff, your fix is to *rent* me your DVR?

"Hi, we're sorry that we made it harder for you to use our services; our fix is to charge you more for this specialized piece of gear."

Nice. FWIW, my VCR is really a DVR; it will record digital broadcasts to a DVD if I so choose. I have used it to decode the digital extras on the local channels (which went away after you guys forced the boxes down everyone's' throats).

Cujo359 said...

Yet more reason to not use Comcast.

My suggestion to Comcast is if you want to fix your PR problems, maybe what you should do is, instead of paying people to leave comments on blogs, pay people to make your system reliable and responsive to customers.

I've had the misfortune of being a Comcast/TCI/AT&T cable customer at various times in the last 25 years. The one constant has been that the answer to any complaint has been either "What, you want a refund for several days' missed service?" or "Send us more money and it will be fixed, sorta."