Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

May The Inventor of The Cellular Telephone Rot in Hell

That is all.

6 comments:

squatlo said...

I couldn't agree with this sentiment more than I do... except that it would reduce the TV series "24" to about "15" since at least nine hours of on-screen dialogue is done on cell phones.
Hey, win-win!

BadTux said...

I disagree. I don't even have a landline anymore, haven't had one for over six years. Haven't missed it, especially since I got my iPhone and could use the Internet anywhere, which comes in handy if I'm in the middle of a store looking at, say, washing machines, and wondering "I wonder what the reviews on machine X say?", all I have to do is Google it right there on the spot...

Now, if you're always getting calls on your phone from people you don't want to talk to... why did you give them your phone number? And they call you while you're driving? Tough nuts, it goes to voicemail, at least for me. There ain't *nothin'* important enough to be worth distracting myself while driving.

In short, cell phones are a tool, just like guns, and if you hate'em, you're using them wrong. That is all.

- Badtux the Connected Penguin

Comrade Misfit said...

It's more that I don't care for how other people use them. When I almost get hit by some moron who is yakking on his cell phone (today) or have to work my way around an idiot who is sitting in the left lane and who is going under the speed limit because she is yakking on her cell phone, then yes, I want do damn the creators of cell phones to hell.

BadTux said...

And I don't care for how murderers use handguns either. Does that make handguns inherently evil?

- Badtux the "Tools are tools" Penguin

squatlo said...

My wife can't get behind the wheel without her cell, and I'm an absolute hazard on the road if I try to use mine... she can do fifty things at once and I'm not a multi-tasker by any stretch of the imagination.
Some people can handle distractions, some people can't. I get behind idiots who sleep through the green light with nothing at all distracting them other than the symphony in their head...

Nap Flyer said...

What irritates me is the call from Die Doss, which begins with "I'll be in the office in ten minutes" and then launches into a discussion about matters that she wants to address.

Seriously. She can't wait ten minutes to arrive at the office and then discuss it over a cup of coffee?