Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Comcast, Again
(May the FSM Damn Their Eyes)

I checked around to see who had good deals on broadband in my area. There are two providers, Comcast and Verizon. Verizon is DSL only; Comcast offered nearly three times the bandwidth for a better price.

So a week ago on Monday, I called Comcast and placed an order for a self-install kit. The nice lady on the phone said it would take "three to five business days" for it to arrive via the Dudes in the Brown Uniforms.

A week ago today was Business Day #1. If you count them off, you will see that yesterday was Business Day #5.

No Dude driving a Big Brown Van has shown up at my door. If I need to do anything serious on the Intertubes, it will be off to the local library.

You would think that I would have known better than to trust Comcast's cracked residential service team. By Grabthar's Hammer, those people could fuck up screwing a 20 watt bulb into a socket.

But I already knew that. And yet, I chose to give my business to ComBastards (may vermin infest their bowels).

They can screw that up, but you just know, Gentle Reader, that they will have no trouble billing me for it.

Fuckers. May they all bleed from the eyes.

(Since I am on dial-up, I'm not going to take the time to surf the `tubes for news and snark today, so you'll have to entertain yourselves with the blogrolls.)

1 comment:

Customer.Connect.Melissa said...

Hi there,

Sorry you haven't received your Self-Install Kit yet. Email our team at the address below. We'll find out what happened to that. I apologize for the delay and the frustrations this has caused.


Kind Regards,
Melissa Mendoza
Comcast Customer Connect
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@comcast.com
@ComcastMelissa