Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Tailwheel Extravaganza

When the wind is right, the taxiway by my tiedown is the only route to the active runway. Where nice airplanes are coming by, it drags out my preflight.

A Pitts 12, a homebuilt with a Russian radial engine. It jumped off the runway like it was being chased by the IRS.



Followed by a Citabria.



This is a fixed-gear Lancair or a Glasair. It seems foolish to me to spend 3,000 hours or so building an airplane like this and not tie it down for an overnight stay, but that's just my opinion.



A nice Cessna 170.

2 comments:

Fixer said...

Great pics, Comrade!

Anonymous said...

Yes, great pics! Back in about 1972, right after high school, I got a job as the radio girl at the tiny local air portin Kansas I wore a snazzy burgundy uniform of hiphuggers and white shirt and ran out to signal the planes off the runway to the taxiway. I gave airport advisory or winds and such---and yes, on very windy days, I told them to land on the taxiway.

I'll never forget the stubborn Cessna pilot who refused, and when he turned he was grateful I had mustered the whole shop to grab his wing struts and hold him down, because he would surely have flipped!
He was forced, by the mechanics, to bring ME coffee, lol.