Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oh. My. G-d!

Top Gear did a 1949 race between a Jaguar, a Vincent Black Shadow and the Tornado steam locomotive.

Part 1, part 2, part 3 and part 4.

Except that in 1949, the train would have had had more of an advantage in three ways: Railroads had track pans, the speed limit for trains would have been higher and an express passenger train would have had top priority.

3 comments:

Eck! said...

All those things aside the differential was not that great. But, they had a race and it was interesting, a bit romantic, and also showed the hardships and some practical stuff too. Like the hard to start Vincent, fuel stops for everyone, the effects of weather.

I watched it twice. Steam is..

Eck!

Tim said...

Funny I just discovered these guys. I love this show. Love the video too.
Anything with a jag and a train in it is for me. Back in the day I had a Jag. A 1970 red XKE convertible. I didn't go that fast as the roads didn't allow for it. Top speed I did was 130. I did get laid a lot though.

Phil said...

OMG, my dads cousin had a black shadow sitting in his garage. I tried like hell to talk him out of it but no go. He gave it to his kid and they got it running and on the first run he got a ticket, for expired tags. The thing hadn't been licensed in twenty years. Asshole cop.