Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Carry On

I have a few handguns which are suitable for concealed carry, but I always seem to default to one of two:

A Taurus 85 .357:


Or a Series 80 Colt Government Model:


Both mostly ride in inside-the-waistband holsters. To get an idea of how much of the weapon comes above the waistband, draw a line that bisects the weapon just behind the trigger guard. The Taurus shows very little and it disappears under a slightly oversized t-shirt. While it is a .357, I load it with .38+P semi-wadcutters, which was the old FBI load before they shifted to automatics in the 1980s. I've not customized it in any way.

For the Colt, I replaced the factory wrap-around neoprene grips with the more traditional (and thinner) wood grips from another Colt. I switched the sights with slightly larger and more usable Wilson fixed sights, which had some sharp edges and which I had to "de-horn". I also installed a Commander-style hammer and a beavertail grip safety to make it more friendly to my hand. The only ammo I've found it doesn't like is Winchester "white box".

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somebody send you a death threat recently?

Comrade Misfit said...

Not recently.

BobG said...

Nice lookin' 1911.

Comrade Misfit said...

Bob, I also replaced the hammer with a Commander-style one and the grip-safety with a beavertailed one. The standard 1911s tend to bite my hand. Mine now doesn't.

Chuck Pergiel said...

Girls and their guns. Criminently. Back in the day we all carried full-size shootin' irons, just like good ol' Wyatt. We didn't need no fancy schmancy, cut down peashooters.

Comrade Misfit said...

Charles, open carry is heavily frowned upon in my state.