Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Friday, November 12, 2010

The Great Coffee Rip-Off

The Keurig "k-cup" has to be one of the more inventive ways that a company has figured out how to separate fools and money.
I did the math on this a couple of years ago when my former employer got one of those machines for the break room. When I compared the cost of a single k-cup against brewing coffee, I found out that this was roughly how much coffee one could brew using a coffee maker for the same cost of a single k-cup:
Given that a coffee mug is equivalent to about two "cups of coffee", as such is marked on those coffee pots, you get six coffee mugs of coffee from a coffee pot for the price of a k-cup, *and* you don't have to pay over $100 for a frigging coffee machine.

Even if you used a single-serving "brew & go" type machine, you're still going to save about 75% by using that over a Keurig.

6 comments:

Center Puke 88 said...

At what price peace?

I only buy on sale, where it's more like 9 cups of "normal" coffee versus a K-cup worth...but...it keeps my better half happy, so I do it!

I'm not a sucker, just buying peace...

Center Puke 88 said...

Almost forgot..you can buy a filter basket the same size as a K-cup and use your own preferred coffee grind in a Keurig machine. Makes the costs much more reasonable, but still higher than the ol'Mr. Coffee.

Yogi said...

I put a Keurig in at the store I owned because it saved me money: Staff wanted to have fresh coffee, and not wash pots, Customers wanted different stuff, etc et-fucking-cetera. We were throwing out coffee left and right, making a whole pot because someone wanted one cup, on and on. I gave up and bought the K. Terrible coffee. I brewed my own and drank it.

When we closed the place I sold the machine on eBay.

Old Sarge said...

Hmmm....let's see. I also don't add to landfills by brewing my own and using the grinds in my compost.

Woman from East said...

I work in Manufacturer company where is 15 employees and everyone have 2 drinks a day. I am a purchasing manager but I have my stupid CFO changes to K-Cup on coffee, tea even hot chocolate because she said it is convenience. She is such a dump even I mentioned the cost she still does't get it. Everybody have to put up with Democrat coffee and tea now.

Comrade Misfit said...

What the hell is "Democrat coffee"?