Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Monday, June 27, 2011

TSA-- Winning Heats and Minds One Pissed-Off Passenger At a Time

From a private e-mail received as a result to this post:
I had another "discussion" with the TSA clowns in [deleted] a few days ago. After clearing the metal-detector, the lady pointed at a nearby Plexiglas booth and told me to stand there. No explanation of what's going on. Shortly a TSA guy showed up and told me to come with him. I refused. He seemed surprised and made the demand again, and I refused a second time.

He finally asked why I wasn't following orders and I told him that I would not leave my belongings unattended on the x-ray belt. He told me I had no choice and I told him I wanted a supervisor. He didn't like that. But he grudgingly got the stuff I pointed at and carried it to the rear of the screening area. That was his second mistake.

I read him the riot act for putting my shoes, soles down, on top of my computer case. He didn't seem to understand why I was so furious. I renewed my demand for a supervisor, and when he didn't comply, I raised my voice (it can be a fearsome thing) and demanded a supervisor. When one appeared I explained that it was unsanitary to put shoe soles on belongings, why I was upset at being singled out for some enhanced security procedure without so much as a word of explanation; why I refused to leave my belongings unattended and that I still wanted to know what was going on.

He apologized (sort of) and told me that it was a random security check. The first clown rubbed a cloth on the palms of my hands, put it in a machine and sent me on my way. TSA seems to look for new ways to piss off passengers every week ...
It is what they seem to be best at doing.

No comments: