Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Barry's Unique Re-Election Strategy: Piss Off Everybody!

This is a fine example of that at work:
Declaring that California's medical marijuana law "has been hijacked by profiteers," U.S. prosecutors announced charges Friday against dispensaries, growers and financial speculators throughout the state's medicinal pot market.
I doubt that if you took all of the people in California who were both eager to see a crackdown on the medical marijuana trade and who were political supporters of the President, you couldn't find enough people to fill out a decent poker game.

This whole mess is a prime example of a lesson that should have been learned in this country eighty fucking years ago: Prohibition does not work. You cannot legislate morality, you cannot pass a law to make people better.

But this isn't going to change. The cops are addicted to drug money. The private prison industry cannot survive without the convicts generated by the illicit drug trade.

Yet, 40 years after Felonious Dick declared his "War on Drugs", pot is available everywhere. We have proven that we are far more blind to reality than the wets ever were and far stupider than we were in the late 1920s and early 1930s.

UPDATE: He could also cut all of this shit and not lose a single vote.

6 comments:

LRod said...

I wish you wouldn't use that "Barry" smear. It makes you sound like a rethuglican and I know you're not. You might as well say he belongs to the Democrat [sic] Party.

Note that not using the smear does not mean we are happy with or fully supportive of everything he has or hasn't done. But he's still our (big D democrat) president, and we should respect him because you know those other asses won't.

LRod
ZJX, ORD, ZAU retired

Oldfool said...

I'm not pissed off at him but I am disappointed. I agree with you otherwise. Pot is cheap and available everywhere even in the halls of the white house. Prohibition does not work.

Comrade Misfit said...

LRod, considering that I referred to the last president as "Chimpy", "Dorquemada", "the Quarter-Bright Prince", "the Dim Son", "the Tsar of the Baboons", "Duisgustus Maximus" and probably half-a-dozen other similarly derogatory names, I think that I'll call this president "Barry" when I feel that he is screwing the pooch.

It is, after all, a name that he once used. I doubt that bush ever told anyone to "call me `Chimpy'."

LRod said...

> "It is, after all, a name that he once used."

That may be true, but it's been co-opted by the other side and is regularly used as a derogatory sobriquet. It has a different meaning now than when he used it.

I was called Roddy when I was a tyke. When I got old enough to spell diminuitive I began to hate it. Never used it from then on. Took me almost 60 years to get one of my aunts (whom I rarely see) to quit.

If you want to piss me off today, call me Roddy. I suspect Barrack would have somewhat the same reaction.

LRod
op cit

Nangleator said...

"Hijacked by profiteers"?

Gosh, just wait until he finds out what's happened to the health insurance industry. And the banking industry.

I'm sure he'll step up to the plate and crack down on those profiteers, as well... right?

w3ski said...

Talking about "profit" the greater white god, I am 58 and I have been a part of the subculture since I was 12.
California State Tax is 8.25%, even at 10% people would still buy Pot.
46 years at 10%, geeze they would have made a boat load of cash off of me and how many others.
How long can 'Burbon' be legal and Pot not.
They have already missed the boat on taxing and now in our current depression they are again going after Pot production and sales.
Will they EVER learn ?
Hey Guys, this isn't the Fk'n Roaring Twenties, but it could get there if you choose.
w3ski