Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Choosing a New Cat

A blog entry by Ursula K. Le Guin.

I have to go, I think I got something in my eyes.

6 comments:

Bridget Magnus said...

I'm happily surprised to know she's still alive. After all, L'Engle and McCaffrey and Zimmer-Bradley (and gentlemen like Zelazny and Heinlein) have passed.

wolfbitch said...

I just lost my 16 year old cat last Thursday. I hope when the time is right that I can have the same experience Le Guin did.

Human habitats need souls. Cats do fit that role quite nicely.

Comrade Misfit said...

wolfbitch, my condolences. Mine are all almost that age.

Bridget, I was, as well.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was lovely. I miss living with cats...my son has two, and any amount of time in with them sets my allergies at the 'murder' setting.

Thanks for that posting, it gave me a marvelous new reading addition to my blogroll.

Phil said...

Awwwwwe, sounds like a great little varmint.
I wonder if she was referring bto Portland Oregon.
The Humane society building on Columbia Boulevard is freaking huge.
I used to drive by it all the time.

We currently are taking care of my parents cat along with my Baby. She is a bout thirteen and our boy just loves her to the point he tortures the poor thing.

Pro tip, she absolutely loves those little scrunchy things women put in their hair, both cats do. It is total comedy to watch them flip them in the air and chase them around like they are still kittens.

Stewart Dean said...

Thanks!