Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Stick to What You Know; Bangity Edition

So I shot a club PPC match this morning. I took two guns, a Colt Government Model .45 with three-dot Wilson sights and a Smith & Wesson Model 19 6". Since the last match, I painted the back side of the front sight. First, I used an undercoat of white nail polish and then a coat of orange nail polish.

The results could not have been more different. With the .45, which I know is an accurate enough gun, I shot an execrable score of 317-5x out of a possible 480. That's just horrible. I would have been better off throwing the gun at the target.

With the Model 19, I shot 463-16x. That's the best score that I have ever shot in that style of match. If nobody edges me out (the match was still going on when I left), I might have scored high enough to medal or trophy or whatever at the Master level.

The lesson to me is that I need to stick with what I know, and that's wheelguns.

4 comments:

w3ski said...

As just as a 'backyard' handloading target shooter, I have to agree. I really love my .45 and would likely grab it if the shit hits the fan, but it's the 6" Smith model 19 that has shot 'cloverleafs' for me. That is with no mods other than Pachmayr grips and a tried and true load. I bought it new in the box. I had an earlier Smith by about 10 or 12 years that just never shot right. Not a problem with the newer one.
Kind of thing where every time I squeeze one off I get a smile at how sweet it is.
Mine is stainless and it came with a red front blade and white outline rear sight. I like the Pachmayr grips because they soften the smack of mag loads and with the finger grooves I have to pick it up with the same grip each time, no fudging allowed by design. I never liked the wide triggers or hammers, they seem like just bling to me. This one doesn't but I had a smooth narrow trigger on my other and I miss that.
So many models, so little money.
I still want a python too.
w3ski

Old NFO said...

Yep, rule number five... :-) Nice shootin with the Smith there lady!

Comrade Misfit said...

"Rule 5"?

Eck! said...

The only rule 5 I know is harden up, train more.

Smithy shoots good.

Eck!