Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Tab-Clearing

I doodled in math class, but never anything like this:



Almost three weeks ago, I was kvetching about what a piece of shit Nikon made because the battery had died. When I put the dead battery into the charger, instead of blinking on-and-off at about the speed of a railroad crossing signal, it was flashing like it was on meth and it was a really weak flash.

I contacted Nikon's customer service and they said (rather predictably): "The battery is dead. Get a new one."

So I did. I put the new battery in and the charger also did the "charger on meth" signal.

I contacted Nikon's customer service and they said: "Oh, well, it must be the charger. Send it in for repair." (Yep, BadTux called it.)

I asked back; "Hey, this thing is over a year old, so it's out of warranty. Isn't it going to cost more to send it in, pay for the tech's labor rate to test it, and then pay for the shipping back than it would to just get a new unit?"

Thing is, when you ask questions like that, you're going off their script and I never got an answer.

So I just ordered a new charger. Pissed me off a little that Nikon was easter-egging the problem on my dime, but meh. Both the old and the new battery charged up on it, and in about the time-to-charge for a flat battery. The old charger is on its way to Ye Olde Landfille.

Doesn't hurt to have a second battery, especially on trips, so I figure that I came out kinda sorta OK. (Other than my good camera being out of service for three weeks.)

No comments: