Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Did You Use a Debit Card at Target Recently?

If so, change your PIN Right the Fuck Now.

Target's been hacked. Any debit card used there in the last six months is vulnerable.

Credit cards are at risk, too, but you can contest fraudulent charges. If someone uses your debit card to hack into your account and loots it, you're pretty much fucked.

2 comments:

The New York Crank said...

I never had a debit card and never understood the need to have one.

Don't have cash in your wallet? Use a credit card, which allows you to contest charges if someone swipes your identity, or your pin number. (I once had somebody book a cruise with my credit card number. The credit card company slammed on the brakes and credited the money back to me. I hope the s.o.b. who used my number is still swimming, surrounded by sharks, out there in the Caribbean.)

Use a debit card? A debit card is like cash. Except it's not just the kind of cash you have in your wallet. It's every last dollar, dime and penny you have in your bank account.

Cancel your debit card and use cash or a credit card instead.

Very crankily yours,
The New York Crank

Sarah said...

Yeah, my "debit" card is my ATM card. So I *never* use it at register swipes, except I *did* on December 13th ( a friday ) at .... Target.

Arrrrgh. I've blocked the card and will get a new one issued.

Good thing I watch the news. Neither Target nor my bank contacted me about the issue.