Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Bangity; Optical Edition

I followed Peter's suggestion:


I shot at a 25 yard target with CCI minimags, 36-grn hollowpoints. Not exactly target ammunition, but it's what I have the most of. One-handed with the open sights and I was able to keep most of the shots within the 7 ring. Then I mounted the sight and got it dialed in. One-handed, slow fire, ten rounds, 98-2X. The grouping was a tad bit high, about an inch, so maybe I didn't get it dialed exactly in.

I'm really glad that I got a 22/45, the extra weight of a steel Mk.III would have been a bit much. Even so, I can feel it in my arm and shoulder.

The trigger still feels a touch gritty and has some creep. But the round count is under 150, so the gun isn't even broken in. If the trigger doesn't smooth up with use, I'll get a replacement from Volquartsen or some place like that there. The removal of the magazine disconnect indeed did let the magazines drop freely.

(And spare batteries.)

However, it took Amazon ten days to get an in-stock item to me. Half of that time went by as Amazon chewed its cud. Then five more days in transit. The straight-line distance between the town I live in and Amazon's shipping point is 260 miles. I imagine that if I had ordered something by mail from Sears 120 years ago, it probably would have come that soon, if not faster.

1 comment:

Eck! said...

I like the look of it.

Many of the various bullseye pistols I've seen it looks gawky akward. This sits down and tight and has a more balanced look.

Looks like business. Enjoy!

Eck!