Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Your Sunday Morning Jet Noise

I don't have to tell you what airplane this is:

5 comments:

hans said...

I was a reporter when the C5 lost a whole damn tire on its 1st flight, and was a friend of Ernie Fitzgerald, who exposed the cost 'overruns' n why they happened... even more disturbing than the outright criminality of Lockheed n the USAF 'overseers' was when Ernie was invited up to Harvard to explain to them how it happened n how to avoid it happening again was that the Harvards didn't want to avoid it - they wanted to know how to replicate Lockheed's bailout.

montag said...

When I worked in a high rise office bldg in Springfield, MA I got to watch them doing touch & go's at Westover. When they are empty, they look like they are moving at a walking pace.

Chuck Pergiel said...

Am I seeing things? It looks like the front wheel comes off of the ground shortly after it starts its takeoff role, right about 1:36 in the video.

Nangleator said...

One of my student cross country flights, I had the opportunity of seeing one take a long, leisurely turn in front of me. I was looking at the broad side of that monster for far too long, and wondering why my pitiful 115 mph was getting me uncomfortably close...

And, of course, I imagined the invisible, sideways tornadoes extending back from each wingtip.

Stewart Dean said...

I live near Stewart AFB, Newburgh, NY and see these in the air occasionally...their apparent motion looks all wrong...your eye wants to interpret as dirigibles. Anything that big in the sky must be close and should be moving fast if that close. Since it isn't, it must be lighter than air, otherwise, apparently being that close and moving so slow, it'd fall out of the sky...