Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

"Safe Queens" On the Block?

I think I need to start trading in safe queens.

First to go is going to be a Ruger old model Vaquero, 5.5", in .45LC. I have another cowboy gun, a 4.75" Cimmaron, also in .45LC. To be honest about it, the Cimmaron is loads more fun to shoot and it's a bit lighter. I don't have a need to shoot "bear loads" (the older Vaqueros can handle loads that would blow a Colt SAA or a Cimmaron apart).

What I'm thinking of getting would be a S&W Model 15. Or a 4" Model 19.

Opinions?

UPDATE: Walked into a LGS and there was a "no-dash" Model 15, diamond stocks (serial matched, even), probably made in the late 1950s. Some bluing wear, nothing bad. On real slow cocking, two adjacent cylinders don't time, but at normal cocking speed or DA mode, they time up OK.

4 comments:

Robert Fowler said...

I had a model 19 for a while and I liked it well enough. Of course like a lot of my guns, it went away. I now have a 4" Ruger Security Six that I like even better than the 19.

Peter said...

Interested in a 3" S&W Model 13, FBI type, well-tuned and modified to take moon clips? If so, drop me a line. Be prepared for delays in replying - my e-mail access is spotty at present.

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

I'm not innerested in earthly polotics where one side bats around the other and it goes on and on and on... never ending; I'm more innerested in Seventh-Heaven precisely because 1-outta-1 croaks. Here's my story.

What we make of this existence finite is what becomes our infinite eternity. How so? Lemme explain. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s gonna be like for us if ya believe: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most-extra-blatant-and-groovy, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, eternal-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. YES! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Cya soon...

Comrade Misfit said...

What the fucking fuck? Is it too much to ask that comments bear some sort of relevance to either the original post or a comment thread?

If you're going to Control-V a mess of verbiage into a comment box, can you at least try not to come across as being completely unhinged?